Five Places I’m Dying to Visit:
I love traveling. I have been really lucky to travel a lot in my life. I have a big list, but these are just 5 I can think of now.
- China/Hong Kong/Japan
Five Foods I Eat (almost) Every Day:
- Peanut butter/almond butter/nut butter
- Bananas – I recently did the 10 things you might not know about me post on Instagram, and I mentioned that I absolutely cannot stand the thought of my normal breakfast without peanut butter and bananas. Hence, I do NOT want to run out of bananas. This has manifested itself in a weird hoarding/over purchasing of bananas. The best part was how many people said they do the same thing!!
- Something grilled – salmon, sweet potatoes, ect
Five Talents I Wish I Had:
- Singing & playing the guitar
- Sewing/tailoring my own clothes – this would save so much time and energy!
- I wish I was more DIY with crafts/things around the house. Usually what ends up happening: I buy the supplies to DIY, mess it up, and then pay for it. I have learned just to save for whatever it is I want and skip the step of paying for the supplies haha!
- Patience. Is that a talent? I’m saying it is. I have NONE.
- Moderation/balance – I’m practicing this one more and more every day. In general, I have a very unbalanced approached to balance, and that’s the best way I know how.
Five Running Quotes I Love:
- Running isn’t a sport for pretty boys…It’s about the sweat in your hair and the blisters on your feet. Its the frozen spit on your chin and the nausea in your gut. It’s about throbbing calves and cramps at midnight that are strong enough to wake the dead. It’s about getting out the door and running when the rest of the world is only dreaming about having the passion that you need to live each and every day with. It’s about being on a lonely road and running like a champion even when there’s not a single soul in sight to cheer you on. Running is all about having the desire to train and persevere until every fiber in your legs, mind, and heart is turned to steel. And when you’ve finally forged hard enough, you will have become the best runner you can be. And that’s all that you can ask for. Paul Maurer
- I always loved running…it was something you could do by yourself, and under your own power. You could go in any direction, fast or slow as you wanted, fighting the wind if you felt like it, seeking out new sights just on the strength of your feet and the courage of your lungs. Jesse Owens
- If you train your mind for running, everything else will be easy. Amby Burfoot
- “The best cure for fear is faith.” Rich Roll
- “All it takes is all you got.” Marc Davis
Five Things I Wear Almost Everyday:
- Nike Air Zoom Vomero 11
- My Erica Sara Necklace with three charms for each of my marathons.
- These undies from Lululemon are just so comfy.
- This sweatshirt.
- My Garmin (currently the Forerunner 735xt, although I am impatiently awaiting the release of the new Fenix 5).
Five Books On My Reading List:
- The Boys in the Boat
- A Lift Without Limits
- Truly Madly Guilty
- The Thousandth Floor
- Anything by Mindy Kaling – I need her to publish more
Five Songs I Listen To On Repeat:
- Kiss the Sky – Jason Derulo
- Thunderstruck – AC/DC
- Fortunate Son – Creedence Clearwater Revival
- 101 – WALLA
- I Wish (My Taylor Swift) – The Knocks
Five Beauty Products I Use Everyday:
- Dry shampoo – I have really thin hair, and dry shampoo helps make it look thicker and hold a style (when I style it, which is rare). This one is a great price, and really works the best of any I have tried. This version of it is perfect if you want to cover up roots.
- Eyebrow filler – thin brows that were over plucked in my college years = this stuff is a life saver.
- Moisturizer – I took accutane in high school and still use antibiotics for acne. As I’m constantly battling acne, my skin can be very dry. This stuff is the best. Not too thick and doesn’t make my skin feel greasy, but actually soaks in.
- Moroccan oil or Argan Oil – This is great because I am just not one of those people who can get away with not washing their hair every time they work out. I just sweat too much and I have to at least rinse it, so it can get pretty dry – seeing a pattern here haha? I just put a little on the ends of my hair when I get out of the shower.
Five TV Series I Could Watch On Repeat:
- Friends & Seinfeld
- House of Cards
- Game of Thrones
Hope everyone has a happy Humpday!