We made it through another week fam! What are your big weekend plans?
I have a lot going on this weekend, so I knocked my long run out this morning. I love doing this, because it is out of the way. However, I also have total running #fomo (fear of missing out) watching everyone else do their long runs over Saturday & Sunday haha! Can’t be happy.
Here is what I am loving this week:
- Knitting – my boyfriend’s mom taught me how to knit last summer & I’ve gotten totally hooked! It is relaxing at night while I am watching TV, gets me off my phone and staring at social media/my email, and stops me from mindlessly eating. It was so nice to have someone to teach me – there are a lot of classes and things at most local yarn/craft stores. I’m not sure I could have picked up a book at taught myself.
- Running play list additions: Come With me Now by the Kongos & Hola by Snow Tha Product. Both are so catchy and keep me going – especially on tempo and speed days. It is a total coincidence that both have black & white album covers.
- Siggi’s fig & lemon zest flavor: Now normally, I am not gung ho to be trying yogurts with fat in them. Like I talked about in my egg whites post, I like getting my fats from nut butters & avocado (read: guacamole). That said, getting enough fat from nut butter alone can be a challenge. It is really important to eat enough fat, especially as the mileage creeps up. Plus, as a Siggi’s ambassador, I really wanted to try more of their products and flavors. This flavor is so so tasty – and tops really well with pretty much anything. Plus the flat shape of the container makes it easy to add toppings on the go.
- This heart shaped plate & bowl set from Target. I love fun dishes – a lot of the dishes I own do not match since I will randomly buy them here and there when I find cool ones. These were a really good price & are both microwavable/dishwasher safe. I couldn’t find them on Target’s website, but Crate & Barrel also has really cute ones here.
- My Year of Running Dangerously – Tom Foreman: I read this book after hearing about it on the Runner’s Connect Podcast. I really enjoyed the story, and Tom’s account of learning to balance running with his every day life hits home for anyone who has caught the running bug. That moment when you ruin date night because you want to talk about head lamps? Oh gosh – so been there. I also love Tom’s relationship with his daughter, Ronnie. Being really close with my dad, it resonated with me – my dad would do anything for me, and you can see Tom feels the same about his family.
What I’m crushing on:
- Two jewelry things – This “Logan” Arrowhead cuff from Robyn Rhodes. I saw it a few months ago, and haven’t stopped wanting it. It is so pretty & cool, and I’ve convinced myself it would pair well with everything I own. Also the “Eleanor” Pendant necklace from Kendra Scott. I like the gold/black mother of pearl color the best. John got me a really beautiful dark toned necklace for Christmas, and this would layer with that & look so pretty! I really like jewelry because you can change up the look of an outfit with it.
2. The New Balance Fresh Foam Zante in plain black & white. I have them in the grey/pink color and love them, but I think the black & white color would be really cute with jeans/running errands/recovery.
What have you been loving lately?