It’s that time again – made it through another week. How is it February of 2016?!
Here’s what I got for you this week:
- Ooma bowl from Uncommon goods – I love to hang over the sink eating as much as the next girl (do other girls do this? Please say yes) but this little bowl is so cute! And amazing for portion control. You know how sometimes you start eating chips and guac and then it is ALL gone before your boyfriend gets back from getting the mail (which is located down ONE flight of stairs)? Yeah me either……
2. Sevyn Streeter – How Bad Do You Want It: I listened to this on repeat doing my speed work this Monday. So catchy. The music video is great too. Why don’t we all dance with camels? Hahahahaha.
There are two great things about this song:
- Fast & Furious movies (this song is from F&F soundtrack) are the best thing ever and I can watch them all until the end of time. I love them. The sound tracks always have good running music too.
- I am a huge fan with Matt Fitzgerald’s Book “How Bad Do You Want It.” You can read the full post here. I reread snippets of it whenever I feel my confidence waning. So ANYWAY – when I saw the title of this song I was already into it.
3. The First Aid Beauty Skincare line: I struggled HARD with acne as pre-teen and teen and have often been on few different prescriptions throughout my life. Now I have a pretty good regimen worked out with my dermatologist. These were a few “extras” that she recommended. I like the price point – although more than my normal drug store purchases, it is affordable for a splurge every once in a while. I have three of their products:
- Facial Radiance Pads: These are great for a little extra exfoliation, or if I feel a break out coming on
- Eye Duty Triple Remedy Overnight Balm: I knew I would get older and my skin would start to wrinkle. I mean, its fine, whatever – eat, pray, love, body peace, all that…But WHY is there a point in life when you are getting wrinkles AND zits? What fresh hell will come next? This is nice to put on eyes before you go to bed. Then when you wake up in the morning to put concealer on the red, puffy, eyeballs that didn’t get enough sleep, the skin is soft and smooth.
- Ultra Repair Liquid Recovery: This stuff is AWESOME. I’m not even really sure what you would call it – a lotion, a toner, a tonic? A potion? At any rate – as mentioned, my skin is sometimes oily and dry all the same time which adds to the daily life struggles of being a girl. AND it makes it hard to get my sunscreen to absorb into it. This stuff does something to my skin that makes it accept sunscreen and makeup.
4. You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Live an Awesome Life, by Jen Sincero – This is a book anyone should read. Jen Sincero is hilarious and calls out right away how she never liked “self help” type books either. I love the way she encourages everyone to just go for it – but also acknowledges “the internal freak show” we all have going on. It is worth the $16. Trust me.
5. Who Run the World tank by Barbell Babes: Need I say more?