Another week flown by! I just finished my long run so that I can enjoy my weekend trip to San Diego. My current view is Bennie The Dog telling me to get off the computer 🙂
Here is what I’m loving lately:
- My BB-8 coffee cup: I posted about this already, but it is too good not to post on an official Friday Favorites. I drink my coffee with 1 splenda packet and nonfat milk. The best part about this cup is that if I fill up the first “circle” of his body with coffee, and the rest with milk – it is the perfect mixture, every time.
- The Ovation Wet Dry Brush: I have always had very fine, thin hair, so I started using Ovation shampoo sets a while back and I really do think it helps. I got the brush in one of their Christmas sets. I love it because it goes right through your hair after a shower and doesn’t break the hair or tangle. I even used it in the shower after my marathon to get my braid out. Running in the rain really does a number on my hair. The shampoo sets claim to help your hair grow – which I don’t really agree with. I think they help strengthen the hair you do have and keep it from breaking. I use the Volume Cell Therapy set for color treated hair since I get partials highlights every few months. It is on the pricey side – but it lasts a few months and you can get loyalty discounts after a while.
- Heated eyelash curler: I promise this is not all beauty products haha! I just really like this little guy. Super cheap and works really well when you want some extra oomph. I curl my lashes with an normal curler, put on mascara & then run the heated curling thingy over them. It gets off the extra mascara clumps and separates out your lashes as well.
- Eat Enlightened Crisps: Another trick taken from the Instagram pages of the bikini competitors I like to follow. These things are delicious on anything – and I just eat them alone too. The macros for one serving are really good: 100 cals/2.5F/15C/7P. My favorite flavors are the sea salt & garlic & onion. To be fair, I haven’t been able to give the other flavors a good try yet.
- Power Crunch Bars: These aren’t exactly new to me – I’ve known about them for a long time. More just that I have rediscovered them. They are high in fat, which is kind of nice since it is hard for me to remember to get good fats in. Also the protein is 13g, I have no issues eating enough protein – so sometimes I feel like the bars with 20-24g protein in them are overkill for me. My favorite flavor in these is the peanut butter creme (shocker I know) and the salted caramel. Both taste so so good. My only negative comment about them would be that they are a wafer – so they do not travel well. Quest is my go to for traveling, since they don’t get squished too easily and stand up pretty well to heat. Power Crunch bars would be crumbs in a purse, and melted in the heat. When I pack them for snacks, I will put them inside a tupperware box and that works great.
This isn’t really a favorite, but something I have been looking for/wanting is a good running jacket for the rain.
I definitely want a hood, and I am cold super easily so something heavier than a shell would be nice too.
I have a couple thoughts, but wanted to know if any of you had good suggestions. Please send them to me if you do!