This Friday is especially good! It is the Friday of a race weekend! I can’t wait. If you are going to Rock N Roll Seattle – be sure to stop by the Jaybird Sport booth at the expo and hug me and selfie with me! It would basically make my day. Anywho, since I am traveling, I thought I’d share some of my favorite travel snacks. I talked all about packing recently, but I didn’t really talk SNACKS! The most important part.
- Vital proteins collagen peptides
- RX Bars
- Picky Bars
- Nuun – I have said it before, and I will say it again – this is equally great for hydration pre-race/post-race as it is for a hangover helper.
- Peanut butter packets – many hotels have peanut butter, but I just can’t leave something this important to chance. I prefer the honey ones, but this was all I could find last minute.
- Clif bars (this is a mini that I got from another expo)
- LaraBars – I like both the minis and the full sized. Just depends on how hungry I am!
- Vital proteins collagen beauty water – anything I can mix into my water to make it tastier & get me to drink more is a good thing. But when it makes it tastier and makes my hair prettier?! IN.
- Run Gum – caffeine jolt pre-race, or if you have to be on the road late! Or if your boyfriend wants to go to an impromptu late evening concert when you woke up at 4am to run a half marathon & you don’t want to fall asleep in your seat….
- Huma Plus gels – favorite race fuel of the moment. I prefer plus for the electrolytes since I can NEVER drink lemon lime flavored Gatorade again after The Boston Marathon Heat March. Ever.
Ok – now that we’ve gotten the travel stuff covered, I have to tell you about the recent excitement in my life. This wee vacuum! I know, being an adult is the worst. Because you get really excited about things like vacuums. But honestly, how did I not own one of these before? Cleaning up the car, stairs, of when I spill an ENTIRE container of rice on the kitchen floor. You know, normal things.
Okay, to make up for getting excited about vacuums – watch this video about a big kitty explaining to a little kitty what the vacuum is all about.
Summertime always has me craving margarita’s – maybe because the salt? LOL. Or you know, the tequila. But our friends told us about this mix and it is AWESOME. You can find it at Whole Foods. No junk in the ingredients list.
Speaking of summer sweatiness – I had been using the Priamally Pure deodorant, but John couldn’t get over the lavender smell. He said I smelled like the beauty aisle of Whole Foods. Which he says like it is a bad thing? Anyway, I tried out this Lavanila brand from Sephora and I like it a lot.
I think the thing to remember with natural deodorant is that it is NOT anti-perspirant. So if I have a day where I am especially worried about sweating through my shirt, I’m totally going to go ahead and use good old Dove Antiperspirant. But I figure the days I work from home, or it isn’t super hot, it is better to use something natural without aluminum in it. Just my personal preference.
What are your favorite travel snacks?
Are you racing this weekend? Long run? Resting up? Tell me in the comments!