Check out this amazing sunrise from Wednesday's run. I guess the circus is in town. I didn't really circuses were a thing still.
Here is are my favorites this week:
(1) Awhile ago I received my Boston finisher's certificate in the mail. This was my first Boston, so I hadn't received one before – but it is basically just a giant postcard. It doesn't come in an envelope, but it comes on a thicker card stock-like paper.
I was seeing everyone on various social medias receive theirs, and mine still hadn't come. When it finally did arrive in my mail box, it had this sticky note on it.
Whoever received my finisher's certificate stuck to theirs took the time to drive it to my house and put it in the mail box!!! I hope whoever this very very kind samaritan has some good karma.
(2) The vibrate only alarm on my Garmin watch. When John and I were staying with his family this summer in Alaska, this was the best thing. It let me get up in time to run before the family activities started without waking anyone up. I don't know how I've gone so long without using it.
(3) Art/paint & wine: I've only done one of these sip and paint things once before, and I got to do another one while in Alaska. I think they are the best. These were my three tiles. They were supposed to be mountains – or something. It's art – they can be anything.
(4) Favorite candy of all time – Sour Patch Kids and Justin's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter cups. Seriously just thinking the words "Sour Patch Kids" makes my mouth water. But I'm super excited about the BIG ones – because I have two a night and feel satisfied (meaning I want more, but I can usually stop at 2).
(5) Adding zucchini to my pasta. Lately I am like a little kid with veggies. Don't want them, don't like them, ect. So I am trying to get back in the swing of eating them with every meal and this has been a favorite. I added meatless crumbles to this bowl, but they are good with rice and chicken, or beans, or pesto, pretty much anything you can think of.
(6) I found the Man Bun Run podcast recently from someone on Instagram (I can't remember who) – but I am fan! I especially enjoyed this episode with Jenny Simpson. I really don't think there could be a better logo for Man Bun Run.
Tomorrow I've got 18 miles on deck with some speed thrown in at the end. I can't wait! And then on Saturday night, John got me a sail around the bay and wine tasting boat tour for my birthday (which isn't until August 20th, but we are doing this early #birthdaymonth). I am pretty (really) excited. I have wanted to do this forever and I totally forgot that I told him I wanted to do it a long time ago. When he asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday last weekend, I said, "Ummmm run and then eat?" Hahaha – that is always what I want to do. But he reminded me that I mentioned this at one point and I can't wait!! I promise to give you the full recap 🙂
What are you running this weekend?
Ever tried a paint & sip?