I’m headed out of town this week to Denver for a work training/conference. I am hoping to find some good running spots, so if you have any, please comment below!
If you have done any of the all day conferences, you know it is 8-9 hours of sitting punctuated by eating, eating and more eating, until it is time to drink. So I like to sneak in a workout in the morning before it all starts. Some of the things I bring along:
1. Foam rolling stick – super important for me right now to get over this injury. The progress is looking very positive, so now is not a time to slack on maintenance. You can find them in most sports stores, or buy one here.
2. I’ve talked about Beet Elite in previous posts. It is great for increasing your endurance – and the black cherry flavor helps me get it down. I put single servings into snack sized ziplocks so it is easier to travel with.
3. Stretch strap and resistance band for physical therapy and ancillary exercises. You can check out that post here. I have also been using a lacrosse ball lately to roll out my feet. Feels soon good.
4. Food/snacks: Nuun, Quest Bars and Nuttzo to go packs.
5. Garmin (hello duh), armband, earbuds – essentials.
6. Headlamp. John got me this one from Black Diamond for Christmas and I love it. You never know how early/dark it might be, and it is small enough to throw in any bag.
7. Books and iPad in case in the trusty old hotel treadmills are the best option.
8. Arctic Ease Cold Wrap – these things are my new obsession! You don’t have to keep them any where cold, just pull out of the plastic container and they are cold immediately and wrap around whatever body part you need and stick. You can reuse by adding a little tap water to the container. Compact and no actual ice required? Sold. Sold. Sold. Icing is a super important part of continuing to increasing milage for me, so these are amazing when I am out and about. I even use them when I am running errands after a run. So much cleaner and easier than lugging around ice & ice chest. Read more about them here.
Happy running! Only 5 more days until Friday 😀