These enchiladas are pretty easy to make and reheat great. They are almost better the second and third day.
– Chicken breasts, I used 5 large for two pans of enchiladas
– Tortillas, I used Smart & Delicious light flour tortillas. You can use a gluten free or low carb tortilla. Anything works. Just a note that the super healthy all corn ones tend to fall apart.
– Enchilada sauce. Look for a low sodium one, or make your own if you are feeling really ambitious.
– Cilantro, chopped (optional)
– Large jar of salsa
– 2% reduced fat cheese
1. Put the chicken in a crock pot with the whole jar of salsa. Let it go 6 hours.
2. Once the chicken is cooked through, scoop it out with the salsa and shred. It should pull apart very easily. If it doesn’t, it is not finished cooking.
3. Scoop the chicken into the tortillas and roll up and put in the pan, seam side down. I put eat tortilla on my food scale and used 3 oz chicken, because I’m weird like that. You can just make sure they are full!
4. Pour the enchilada sauce over the pan. Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake at 350 for 20-30 mins. Sprinkle cilantro on before serving.