It’s no secret that pretty much any one with a heartbeat in the fitness community, and generally most women – flip for Lululemon. Yes, it is VERY expensive. Yes, I will rationalize the price ANY DAY. Here are some of my favorites this year (all links will be in the description):
1. Bhakti yoga jacket: This is sold out online, but if you can find it in a store, grab it. I love that I can wear it with jeans or with work out clothes. The fit is so flattering, and you and wear it open or zipped up. I wore it on my flights to/from London and on my trip to Portland.
2. What the sport singlet II: Very cute, versatile top that you can layer any sports bra under. I hate shirts with “built in bralettes.” Let’s be honest – I need a REAL bra, not something pretending to be one. So in the past I have never liked many of Lulu’s shirts. I like that they are coming out with more options sans “bralette” now. This is same shirt as the what the sport singlet, but has some rouching in the back that I like. I am also a big fan of the Pedal to the Medal Singlet.
3. Sunset Savasana Pullover: The back is what got me on this sweater. So cute and different! Plus the open back makes the front drape in a really flattering way (aka no one will be able to tell if you have a food baby). So that’s awesome too.
4. Speed short: Always a staple in my closet, can never get enough haha. Flattering and comfy. Short, but not too short. Good pockets. Nothing bad to say! They keep coming out with new and cute colors, so I keep wanting more.
Speed shorts in “Alarming.” What is it about a photographer that causes you to make a dumb face and do a thumbs up?
5. Race to Place Hat 2.0: I love to race in hats. I don’t have to worry about sun glasses slipping down my nose or my hair looking bad (which would be a 100% chance of yes, it would look like hell). I ordered this one in “Flash Light” for my mom. HAHA well really it is for me….but she always says she wants to to wear bright colors so she will be able to find me. I love blacks, grays and neutrals, so I saw this pink and knew I had to get it.
6. Vinyasa Scarf: This is my JAM! I have this scarf in three colors and can’t get enough. You can unsnap them and use them as a blanket, or just change up the style. I am always cold – especially in the summer when stores and restaurants crank up the AC to keep their establishment freezing – so I like having one handy all the time. My boyfriend thinks its REAL funny to tease me about my need for a blanket scarf. Watching him imitate the video of how to wear it from Lulu’s website makes me cry laughing.
7. Free to be *Wild Sports Bra: Being totally upfront, I would not wear this bra to actually run or do an activity where you are needing *ahem* support. The style is very cute and fun, and I love wearing for low impact stuff, or just when I want to go out to brunch in “cute” sweats haha.
Now that you are silently judging me for how much Lulu stuff I own – I give you: Non Lululemon Obsessions!
1. Asics Quick Lyte Single Tab socks: These are so thin and comfy. I get pretty bad blood blisters on my long runs, and having super thin and NON COTTON socks helps so much. I hate spending money on things like socks, so I used to go buy the big bungle of Kirkland Brand ones from Costco. I still do, and they are great, but if I wear them for runs longer than 5 miles, blood blister city. Then I broke down and bought real running socks, but most of those are $15 PER PAIR. You get three for $15 with with these.
Pretty right? Ew 🙁
2. The Player Sports Bra by Victoria’s Secret: So comfy, and doesn’t give you uniboob (yes, that’s a thing). A lot my runner friends, as well as myself, have experience a bra rubbing and making you bleed. This one doesn’t do that, so I’m a big fan. 5 stars.
3. Road ID: They are having a big sale so I finally ordered one! I used to write down my parent’s phone numbers and my blood type on a piece of paper and put in my shoe or armband in event I was unconscious/needed a blood transfusion/couldn’t speak for myself. With this someone can see right on your wrist. Ideally I will NEVER have to use it. Fail to prepare, right?
4. Oiselle Flyte 2000 Long Sleeve: I am thinking I might wear this with shorts for my marathon on Dec 5th. Just the right weight and warmth. Of course the sleeves are extra long which I love.
5. Stance Running Socks: Cute. Different. Fantastic designs and great price. Love them and want EVERY color!!! You might have seen the pair below on my Instagram on Wednesday.
With love & shopping,