Let me start off by saying this is not my recipe – I don’t really know who started it, but you can find it on a lot of people’s Instagram pages. Usually they are body builders or bikini competitors.
This is a great recipe for a sweet tooth, or when you need a filling snack. Like I talked about in my post yesterday, I will eat a snack before or after the holiday parties I have been going to, and this one has been good for that.
You can use any protein powder, but the ones I have been the most successful with are PEScience & Quest. You can use the code EMILY for 30% off PEScience. Check out her YouTube page here. Anyway, for some reason, PESceince & Quest seem to make the most fluffy protein fluff.
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 cup almond or cashew milk
- Xanthan gum – I sort of just tap it in as I go, but probably about a tsp
- 10-15 ice cubes
Just put it all in a blender and go! Be patient, blend and stir, and repeat. About 20 times. It takes some time, but so worth it.
Look at how much you get…
This is the PEScience Snickerdoodle flavor.
Because the macros are so good, this leaves a lot of room for toppings.
- San Franola granola – I am an athlete for them & will let you know when my discount code is up and running
- Nuttzo – kyle15 at checkout for discount
- Dark chocolate chips – these Lily’s sugar free ones are awesome
Let me know if you try the recipe & how it goes! Xanthan gum can give some people an upset stomach, so be careful of that. Otherwise is a great low carb/fat, high protein treat.