This is one of my favorite things to make. So easy, filling and satisfying.
BUT – let me start off with a disclaimer. Don’t bite into this expecting it to taste like spaghetti from your favorite Italian joint. Cuz it just isn’t. That is like saying a Quest bar doesn’t taste like a Kit Kat. Well, yeah. Haha!
Here is what I do:
1. Buy spaghetti squash, cut in half, long-ways (hot dog style, whatever you wanna call it). Scoop out the seeds.
2. Preheat the oven to 350. Brush the squash light with olive oil (use GOOD olive oil, it really makes a difference). Coat it in spices of any kind. As I have mentioned before, I am in love with Flavor God spices.
3. Set the squash halves open side up in a pan in the oven for 50-60 minutes.
4. Let them cool. Note: I generally skip this step and spend the next 10 minutes cussing while I burn my fingers.
5. Use a fork to pull the insides apart. They should pull apart into spaghetti shaped strips pretty easily. If not, cook them more. You can scoop every bit out and fluff it up.
6. Top with pretty much anything your heart desires!
Happy eating & running!