I hope everyone had a great 4th of July! It was a busy – short – week! Here is how I changed up my training to account for that:
– Monday: 5 miles at 8:06 per mile with biceps and triceps.
The Marin County Fair was in town, so that made for a pretty run around the man made lake near my house.
– Tuesday: 3 miles at 7:41 with core and back. I took some extra time with lifting this day since the back exercises can be easy for me to whip through.
– Wednesday: I did a cross training day so my legs would be fresh for the long run. 30 minutes on the step mil with chest, shoulders and core.
– Thursday: I moved my long run up to Thursday since I knew I wouldn’t have time over the weekend. That meant doing it really early on the treadmill (WHOMP). I was nervous about my knees or hips acting up, but it was all good. I used one gu packet. For a race I would normally do two – one before I start and one at mile 7. Negative splits for the entire run.
Friday: a whole lotta hiking! The boyfriend and I took my dog and drove up through the Avenue of the Giants. It was gorgeous and not too hot.
– Saturday I ran 5 miles at 7.52 at home in Chico. So. Hot. I’ve gotted used to living in cool Marin County, so triple digit heat turned me into a wimp pretty quick!
– Sunday we headed home and I took a rest day. I’ve been experiencing some tightness in my hips and hams as I add more mileage. I am still sticking with a 10% increase each week and I want to play it safe.
I hope everyone had a great 4th!