This week was a bit of a taper week for the Seattle Rock n Roll half marathon from this weekend. Race recap to come!
Monday was an easy 4 miles at 8:49. Bennie doesn’t run with me, but he was out with me for a dog walk after and I couldn’t resist a photo op!
I followed the run with:
3 rounds: 20 walking lunges, 20 band walks & 10 burpees
3 rounds: 15 weighted squats & 15 landmine press ea arm
3 rounds: 12 alt bicep curl, 15 tricep dip, 10 tricep kick back, 20 lat raise with drop weight
Tuesday was a quality workout day. It was: 2 mile warm up, 3 X 1.5 miles hard (7:15-7:25) with 3 minutes standing/walking rest between, 1 mile cool down. Total of 7.5 miles @ 7:56 average. Those 1.5 miles were tough, but I was pleased they didn’t feel too tough, if that makes sense. Manageable – though still hard.
Then for hips, 25 reps: bird dogs, fire hydrant, glute bridge
3 x 30 banded lateral walks
3X: 15 hamstring curl & 15 quad extension
3X: Cable cross
3x: cable rows & lat pull downs
3X: Tricep pull down & ab rope cable crunches
Can you tell I like to superset things? Haha!
Thursday was a 3000 yard swim in 1:00:31 – one of my faster times!
Friday was an easy 3 miles at 8:21 average around Seattle after landing. Always nice to shake off sitting on airplane with a little run.
True blogger confessions: I’m so happy with how this Space Needle GoPro photo came out LOL. Sometimes I have an idea in my head for how I want a picture to look and it just DOESN’T. This time it was exactly what I wanted and this was the first try! It’s the little things ha!
My favorite on sale activewear:
- The cutest strappy bra – Reebok
- My much asked about rain coat from Athleta is on sale! This is seriously the best jacket. I know it is summer, but now is the time to snag it.
- Super luxe, super comfy scuba hoodie from Lululemon – these seem to never go on sale.
- Define jacket from Lululemon – another fall staple that is almost never on sale. I love that some darker neutral colors are included in the sale too.
- Swiftly tach tank from Lululemon – a staple
- Cutest striped crops from Athleta – stripes ARE a neutral in my opinion
I may be compensated through affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!