10 weeks out from the California International Marathon! I’m wobbling back into my normal weekly mileage. It feels so good to be able to run again.
I am trying hard to be very cognizant of what my joints, muscles, etc are telling me. I am feeling good now, but want to continue on this way HA!
- Monday: 7 miles @ 7:57 – this was supposed to be 8. It felt HARD. I was working so hard for this pace. I remembered reading my friend Kindal’s blog post (linked here – check out her blog, she is a great person & babe) that she was feeling tired in a final mile of her workout and stopped to avoid injury. I decided to do the same. I am still too delicate to push it that hard for one mile. Not worth it.
- Tuesday: 30 mins step mill, legs & glutes. This was my first full leg work out in a long time. My legs were toast after.
- Wednesday: 5 miles @ 8:30 & back and abs. Wednesdays are my easy run day. That is just a term to mean you are intentionally going slower than your normal and/or race pace. This run is something I’ve never done before, but have found it to be very valuable in coming back from being injured. Plus it felt good to shake out my legs after Tuesday’s lift.
- Thursday: 45 mins step mill & chest/shoulders & biceps/triceps. I wanted to fit my upper body lifting all in on this day to have Friday clear just to do my long run.
- Friday: 14 miles & 7:35. I used two Gu’s during this run. On a related subject – I do NOT recommend Espresso or Vanilla. Gross. I was really happy with the pace & I didn’t have to work too hard for it.
- Saturday: 10 rounds of 400m spring and 30 burpees – I didn’t think I could ever do 300 burpees in my LIFE. I found this workout on Shannon Courtney’s Instagram. She is a beast and awesome. I did this workout at Kezar in San Francisco. I ended up tucking my car keys inside my hoodie pocket because they were bouncing around in my running shorts while I was trying to do all those horrible burpees. This was such a bad decision. I even felt wrong about it while I was doing it – always listen to your gut people!!! Someone stole the car keys from my hoodie. Luckily, I had taken an uber to Kezar with plans of running back to my boyfriend’s apartment. Naturally I called him freaking out after I realized the keys were gone. He brought me my dog and we went and got my spare car key from my house in Marin. Shout out to him for the rescue mission! 🙂
I kept my food intake the same this week. Not feeling as lean as I would like after a few weeks off and trying to let my system catch up. I never give up my untracked “cheat” meal once a week though. I try to plan it on long run days since I am always so so hungry that day.
Lasagna & chicen bowls are favorite “eat all week” meals.
Have a great week!