I keep a gym bag ready to go with whatever I need for gym, track work outs, and I put it in the trunk of my car when I do long runs.
- The bag – so many pockets. I could probably pack for a weekend in it. That is a requirement of most any bag I own, because as you will soon see, this list is not short. It also fits an extra pair of shoes and hoody if needed…and an extra hoody is always needed.
- Small cosmetics bag with:
- Head bands – I like these ones from Sparkly Soul & these from Lululemon
- Ankle cuff for cable kickbacks
- Resistance bands for physical therapy exercises – you can read more about the exercises I do here
- Jaybird X2 earbuds & their charger
- Options for carrying my phone on runs or during lifting: Flipbelt & Armpocket. I really like Armpocket because you can customize your arm band for the phone, the case you have on your phone, your bicep size & what you want to carry (keys, ID, ect).
- My Klean Kanteen water bottle. I’ve been using a Klean Kanteen for a long time now and LOVE it! It lasts forever AND they are a Chico based company – which is where I grew up. Chico proud!
- My Garmin Forerunner 225 & the charger
- Lacrosse ball for rolling out feet, calves, shoulders, ect.
- Road ID
- Jump rope
- Stretch strap
- Picky bar – good for recovery after a run because it has the perfect 4:1 carb to protein ratio.
- Quest bar – good for recovery. Also good for when I get hangry running errands after the gym/track workout/long run.
- Nuun – Good for electrolytes. A lot of races are using it now instead of Gatorade too, so I like to use it so that my stomach is used to it.
What are your must have gym bag items?