I have NEVER been SO SORE. I spent the first two days of the week post marathon basically waddling around abnormally. Stairs were just ew. The transition from not moving to moving was awful too haha.
I also had 4 Christmas parties to go this week in the evenings for work. That was definitely tough when I was feeling sore and tired. Not to be complaining about parties – but I might have picked staying home on the couch this time haha.
- Monday through Wednesday I rested. I did yoga and/or Romwod. You can read my post about Romwod here.
- Thursday: 20 minutes elliptical and biceps/triceps with ab work superset in between exercises. I hate training abs, so instead of dedicating 20 minutes to it at the end of a work out, I will just add ab exercises in while I’m resting between sets.
- Friday: 20 minutes elliptical, 20 minutes step mill & chest/shoulders
Karl, from my gym, brought me some chocolate on Friday, because he says it is good for recovery hahaha! If you follow me on Instagram, you already know he brings me food ALL the time lol.
- Saturday: 55 minutes on the step mill and legs. I was so looking forward to getting back to squatting and deadlifting. However, I am back to waddling today and being so so sore.
- Sunday: more rest!
With food this week – I was starving on Monday. I kept higher carb that day since my body was still recovering and rebuilding. I try to eat lots of nutrient rich foods to help with that.
My parents came over on Saturday for our pseudo Christmas since John & I are going to Costa Rica from Christmas Eve to New Year’s Eve. The surprised me with a new grill! I love to grill and was super excited to use it, so we made steaks for dinner.
I plan on taking the month of December pretty easy so that I be ready to start training again in January. I haven’t picked my next marathon or half yet, but did sign up for the Hot Chocolate 15k, which is a fun race. I did it last year before I was blogging, so I don’t have a race recap.
These are some pictures from last year.
It is a rainy day here today, so I will be watching movies and cooking inside! I hope you all had a great week!
- How much time do you take off after a race?
- What races are you planning on doing next year?
With love & REST,