I feel a little silly even posting this as a recipe because it’s really not a recipe at all. It was really me putting things together. BUT so many of you have asked for it, and it tasted so good, I figured why not.
- Rotisserie chicken: I bought one whole chicken & one of the boxes of 2 rotisserie chicken breasts from the grocery store. Pro tip: when you bring a rotisserie chicken home from the grocery store, take the time to remove all the meat and shred it as soon as you get home. It is so much easier to do when the meat is warm. Your dogs will think you are really special while you are doing it too. It is hard not to eat all the meat immediately, but worth it lol. You could use any kind of meat – ground beef, shredded beef, chicken from an instant pot or crock pot.
- Tortillas: whatever kind you like. Siete foods are great for a gluten free option, I used these smaller “low carb” tortillas from La Tortilla Factory. They aren’t really all that low carb, but I like them because they are soft, the right size & high in fiber. Oh, and my grocery store has them, so they are also convenient – which is kind of the theme of this recipe haha.
- Beans: any kind. I did one pan of refried black beans and one pan with whole black beans. I think the texture of the refried black beans was better, but that’s just me.
- Enchilada sauce: I just bought one with the least amount of ingredients, one red & one green.
- Cheese: any kind will work. No cheese will also work. Low fat or non fat cheese does NOT melt well.
Plated enchiladas just don’t look that pretty.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray non stick into a 13 x 9 pan
- Add some beans & some chicken to a tortilla and roll it up. Place seam side down in the pan. I like a lot of chicken in my enchiladas so that they are high in protein.
- I put 8 tortillas in each pan.
- Pour the entire can of enchilada sauce over the pan of enchiladas.
- Bake the pan of enchiladas in the oven for 10 minutes, no foil covering or anything like that needed.
- Add cheese and bake 10 more minutes.
That’s it. So easy it’s silly. But here we are. See you tomorrow!