Happy Friday! I posted this Shakshuka on my Instagram story on Wednesday night & got a lot of questions about it. I just kind of made it up as I went, but it came out pretty good! I used this cast iron pan, which I love. I think you could get away with not having a cast iron pan by frying everything up in a pan and then transferring to an 8 x 8 baking dish before the end step.
- 1 red & 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 package chicken sausage (I used Aidells Italian), chopped
- Garlic, minced – I buy the pre minced jarred stuff and used 1 heaping tbsp
- 5 eggs
- 1 can crushed tomatoes – could use fresh if you have them
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Sauté the garlic (you could also add in onions at this point) until fragrant, then add in the then chicken sausage
- Once the sausage is browned a little, throw in the peppers
- Add the kale & then the tomatoes and let it cook down a bit
- Once the kale is starting to wilt and get soft, make little “wells” for the eggs and crack the eggs into the wells
- Put the whole pan into the oven and let cook until firm. I think it took about 15 mins.
It was easy and delicious! I’ve seen it served with big crusty slices of bread and I think that looks super awesome.
Check out the nail I found in my Nike Zoom flys! It was in side ways – through the bottom, so I couldn’t feel it at all, but still pretty crazy!
We’ve been getting a lot of much needed rain here. I am hoping that my 22 miler will be in a pocket of dryness – but pretty sure that won’t happen. I have the Asics Storm Shelter jacket & I am so happy I do – I actually just got a second one. It is a really good rain jacket for running.
These boots have also been getting a lot of love lately. They aren’t as fancy as the $1000+ ones, but they do the trick perfectly!! And they make my legs feel so much better!
I got to meet my good friend for dinner last night and we went to Sol Food in San Rafael – if you are ever in the area, you have to go! I got the Pollo Al Horno – which is is kind of their speciality. Under those garlicky plantains are chicken thighs and rice. Add the black beans and it blows Chipotle out of the water.
22 miles on deck for me tomorrow! It is supposed to be raining the whole time which I am bummed about, but hoping it will storm itself out today and tonight and it won’t be too nuts tomorrow. What are you running this weekend?