I recently subscribed to StrideBox and was so excited when my first box came in the mail! There are a lot of “box” companies out there lately. Anyone else wishing they would have started one? Seems like the are taking off.
My career oversights aside, back to Stridebox.
I liked that it was a wide variety of items in the box, and it came with this groovy little guide of what they are and how you should use them on your runs (aka before or after).
The items in my box were:
– Bonk breaker energy chews: I also enjoy trying different flavors. I also like the block form. Feels more like you are eating candy 🙂
– Untapped Pure Vermont Maple Syrup: I’ll be honest, I’m having a hard time wrapping my mind around the idea of taking down a gulp of syrup on a run. I have a sweet tooth for sure, but I’m still skeptical.
– Health Warrior Chia Bar in Mango: super tasty! I would love to throw these in my bag for hiking or paddle boarding. I do wish there was a little more protein in them. The texture was crunchy and the mango flavor was great.
– Honey Stinger Bar in Peanut Butter N’Honey: Yes. Just yes. Plus there is chocolate on the bottom of the bar. So good.
– Arena Sciences Ice3 Cooling Towel: This is an awesome idea. I will definitely put these in my bag for after my next race.
– Stretch Strap: Everyone should have one of these. I use mine watching TV, before bed, at the gym, traveling – you get the idea.
The sign up fee is $15, and then the monthly fee is $15. I think it is a pretty good deal to try out new products. I hope they are able to sustain the variety of product types. If you are interested, you can sign up here.