Last night I tried on about 6 pairs of jeans I ordered and hated every. Single. One. This spiraled into me hating the way my body looks right now and that quickly spiraled into me getting REALLY stressed out about anything else I’ve been worrying about lately. I often joke to John that if I don’t control the world by angsting about things, it would all come crashing down around us. Surely it would.
I am so fired up about a lot of things. Work, Bennie, running, my relationships, volunteering, eating healthy, and wanting to look at feel like my best self. Sometimes trying to focus on all those things gets me so critical of myself. Then I forget what I DO have. And that brings us here.
1. My super supportive family. My mom and dad have my back in all things. They are kick ass people who I’m lucky to call my friends and parents.
5. That I don’t have acute pain of any kind. I have a healthy body and (knock on wood) nothing is hurting more than it normally would when marathon training.
6. I have a job that lets me live in one of the most beautiful places in the world.
7. I don’t make smacky-yucky-sicky noises when I eat.
8. I’m a pretty awesome cook.
9. I have a giant couch that accommodates two people and one dog for Sunday naps.
10. I don’t have a long commute (my office is across the hall). I do have to drive long distances for work – but not the same drive every day. And not usually every single day.
11. Audio books and podcasts.
12. My running Instagram friends.
13. Peanut butter and nut butters of all kinds.
15. That I was able to get help for my thyroid. Holy moly do I feel better. I still can’t believe it. Modern medicine of any kind really.
16. Running. So. Freaking. Thankful.
20. Long runs.
21. My hair isn’t the best, but it could be so much worse. And for all the modern medicine in the world, there isn’t that much you can do for bad hair. Except extensions and those are so high maintenance.
Does it get cuter than that? No.