I’m not personally a big Valentine’s Day person. I think people who are single feel undue pressure to be in a relationship, and people in who are in relationships feel huge pressure to make this day special and then its all this build up and anxiety and NO THANKS!
To be honest, for some reason I CANNOT remember what day it is. I have it stuck in my head that Valentine’s Day is on February 17th – which is wrong. Yesterday I was out & about in the city and saw about 4 dudes with bouquets of roses and freaked out that I forgot it was Valentine’s Day. Thanks to google, my fears were assuaged. It is February 14th (this Sunday)- in case you were wondering
That said – it is fun to do a little something. Eating out that night is hard, because EVERYONE is eating out that night – reservations aren’t even available. Roses are about 4x times their normal cost. Even chocolate gets all fancy with packaging and THAT is expensive.
So what’s a guy or gal to do?
Here are my picks for runner who has your heart:
- Socks! Seriously – our legs hurt. All the time. Cute, happy, socks that remind us you care are such a good idea. These & these from Stance are super cute. And these from ProCompression are the perfect V-day pink.
2. You can also go the $FREE.99 route and give your runner a coupon for a foot rub!! YAS! You can totally stipulate on the coupon that the feet must be showered post run before the foot rub. Totally acceptable.
3. If you want to splash out and go fancy – Erica Sara jewelry is beautiful. This necklace lets you give your “person” a love note. She has a lot of amazing race themed jewelry as well.
4. Snacks! We are hungry. You probably already know this. I know my entire family is well aware of the hanger that can occur (my purse ALWAYS has food in it). I am really liking Square Bars. They just came out with a new Chocolate Peanut Butter flavor – which is genius.
5. In keeping with the food theme – and the money saving theme – it would be SO CUTE to fill up one of those chocolate card board hearts with your person’s favor Gu or Sports Beans or whatever. If you don’t know their favorite flavor – Salted Caramel is probably a good guess 🙂
As for me – Does anyone know how to obtain these heart shaped pizzas? I know it is so cliche and overdone, but don’t care!! #pizzafeedsmysoul