This week was the most time I’ve spent on a treadmill in a long time. And for me it was just because I had to be up really early for work. I know many people are stuck the treadmill due to the crazy weather we’ve been having. Hopefully they will get some relief soon! I really don’t mind the treadmill though. I personally don’t worry about doing 1 incline or no incline. Every treadmill is different, so I just do whatever feels the most comfortable.
1/1 Monday – 7 miles easy at 9:09 average
- 5 rounds: 15 frog sit ups, 10 wide arm stance push ups, 15 bicep curls, 15 tricep kickbacks, 15 KB swings
- 5 rounds: 10 bicycle crunches, 10 plyo jumping lunges, 10 spider crunches, 10 side plank crunch
- SS3X: 10 box jumps & 10 landmine press
- SS3X: 12 hammer curl & 10 OH press
1/2 Tuesday – 2 miles up, 3 x 8 @ 7:25 (or faster) with recovery jog – 7:11/7:12/7:09/7:13/7:08/6:59/6:59/7:02. 7 miles total @ 7:53 average
1/3 Wednesday – 6 miles easy at 9:03 average (on the treadmill)
- SS3X: 20 squat with pulse & 10 DB shoulder press
- SS3X: 15 squats, 15 banded lateral steps & 10 lat raises
- SS3X: 20 pile squats & 15 bent over lat raises
- 3 rounds: 20/20 walking lunges, 20 banded lateral steps & 15/15 single leg squats
- SS3X: 15 split squats & 15 bent over single arm rows
1/4 Thursday – 5 miles easy at 9:14 average (on the treadmill)
- SS3X: 21s & 20 v ups with plate
- 4 rounds: Barbell bicep curls 3-6-9-12, Tricep barbell press 3-6-9-12, Leg raises x 10
- 3 rounds: hammer curls x 10, tricep kickbacks x 10, burpee x 10, push ups x 10
- 3 rounds: chest flys w/ leg raise x 10, chest press w/ flutter kick x 10, squat to DB extension x 10
- 3 rounds: bicep curls x 10, tricep dips x 10, plank w/ shoulder taps 30 seconds
1/5 Friday – 3000 yards, 1:00:20, 2:01/100 yards. I did this swim right after flying home from Florida, where I was for work mid week. Even though I was exhausted from flying, it felt so refreshing and I was really happy I did it.
1/6 Saturday – 12 miles easy at 8:45 with Steph. I felt like I was sucking wind on some of the hills, but chatting made the miles fly by. It was so needed to run with a friend!
After we ran, I drove over to pick up my bib for the Hot Chocolate 5k, which I signed up for last minute. While I was there, I got a free RX Bar which was awesome.
1/7 Sunday – 3.1 miles easy at the Hot Chocolate 5k. The race goes through Golden Gate park and it was a lot of fun. I would have normally taken this as my rest day, but my coach said it would be ok as long as I took it very easy. Average pace 8:28.
I also got to meet CathyLee which was so much fun!
Later in the afternoon, John and I went to the Sierra Nevada Torpedo Tasting room over in Berkeley. I’m not a big beer person, so I sipped on one kind that I do like and shared the snacks with him. An added benefit for him that I drove home LOL. Added benefit for me that I got to drive his new car home. Everyone won.
Some of my go to active wear favs are on sale this week!
- Alo High Waist Moto Leggings ($77.25)
- The North Face Terry Hodded Top ($34.93)
- Lululemon Light As Warmth Jacket ($99)
- Athleta Flurry Half Zip ($72)
- Athleta Criss Cross Sweatshirt ($56)