Happy Monday! Whether or not you get today off from work or school, I hope you have a great day. Here is what I did for workouts last week.
Monday 1/14: 6.54 miles easy with my friend Heather at 9:24 average.
- SS4X: 12 front squats & DB deadlifts
- SS4X: Bulgarian split squats & DB hip thrusts
- SS4X: step ups & pilé squats
- 30 bicycles
- 30/30 side planks
- 30 legs out
- 30 sit ups
- 1 min plank
Tuesday 1/15: 6.04 miles easy at 9:26 average. It was dark and wet and generally miserable for this run.
- 20 EACH: plank, single leg drops, Russian bicycles, V-ups, Side plank with hip drop – right, Side plank with hip drop – left, Double leg drop + hip raise
- SS3X: 15 shoulder press & 15 lat raise
- SS3X: 10 half burpee & 15 push ups
- SS3X: 12 hammer curls & 10 KB swings
Wednesday 1/16: 2 miles warm up, 7 x 1K with 90 sec walk rest (keep these around 6:45 pace unless you feel awesome during the last 2-3), 2 mile cool down. 4:10/4:11/4:09/4:10/4:12/4:10/4:29. I went out way hot on the last one and tried to see how long I could hang onto it. I blew up lol. Total of 8.61 miles at 7:56 average. Ks are hard for me – a weird distance to wrap my mind around. I “feel like” I should be able to do them way faster, but I can’t yet.
Thursday 1/17: 6.10 miles easy at 9:03 average
- 3X: 15 clam shells, 15 OH press with band & 15 sit ups
- 3X: 15 push ups and 15 glute bridges each leg
- 3X: 15 med ball twists, 15 donkey toes & 15 penguins
Friday 1/18: 6.42 miles easy with Anna at 9:14 average. So glad I had a friend to run with.
- 3 rounds: 15 v-ups with 25lb plate, 15 Russian twists with 25lb plate, 10 Knees to armpits alt L&R, 15 Romanian split squats & 15 pulse squats
- 4 rounds: 15 deadlifts with DB, 10/10 plyo jumping lunges, 15/15 bosu knee drive, 12 triceps kick back, 12 hammer curls
Saturday 1/19: 45 mins XT on the elliptical
Sunday 1/20: 15.1 miles easy at 8:45 average. Overall I felt pretty good, which was a huge win since I did this on kind of a blustery weird weather day, and at noon on Sunday.
My usual route was under water, so I decided to try a new route and I was super happy about that. Despite the fact that it meant I ran INto the wind while running uphill for a few miles. I got the tailwind + downhill when I turned around. There’s a metaphor in there somewhere about obstacles teaching you about new things, but I’m just going to stop there.
48.81 miles total this week. It was a good week for running overall. I am reminding myself to be patient. I’m still in the early build up for some half marathons, and in that phase of training where I can’t really do anything fancy in workouts quite yet, and I don’t really feel tired, but can sometimes feel flat when running. It will come around though!