Happy Monday! I got back to what felt like my first real week of training, and it felt good! At the moment, I am running early, and riding Bruce after work. Work has been a lot of travel, but I am liking doing shorter, more frequent trips, rather than less often and longer.
Monday 1/27: 5.01 miles easy at 9:25 avg.
- 2 sets: 3 x 15 bicep curls & 3 x 20 sit ups
- 3 sets: 3 x 20 tricep cable push downs, 3 x 20 abs cable curls, 3 x 15 cable overhead pulls, 3 x 15 cable rows
And Bruce kicked up his heels that evening 🙂
Tuesday 1/28: Warm up, 12 x 400, with 90 sec walk between each, cool down. Paces were 6:40/6:24/6:44/5:58/6:35/5:59/6:22/6:27/6:40/5:43/6:03/6:08. Goal pace was 6:30 – so I was a little all over the place, but I was happy with the effort! Total of 7 miles at 8:24 average.
Wednesday 1/29: 6 miles easy at 9:06 average.
- 3 rounds with 45lb bar: 10 squats, 10 good mornings, 10 lunges each leg
- 3 x 10 heavy deadlifts, superset with 25 pilé squats
- 3 rounds: 15 sit ups, 10 each leg split squats, 15 squat to overhead press
Thursday 1/30: 5.19 miles easy at 9:35 average with my friend Anna
Friday 1/31: 12.1 mile long run with 90 sec surges within the final 5 miles (no set rest, just until recovered), average of 9:18 pace.
Saturday 2/1: Rest day for me & Bruce – we went to look at wedding venues! Obviously Bennie joined because his approval is very important.
Sunday 2/2: 5 miles easy at 9:30 average
40.2 miles for the week