Back to weekly recap emails! This week wasn’t anything super exciting, but it felt good to move again. I stayed inside on the treadmill every day because the air quality has been really bad. A small inconvenience when so many people’s homes are gone. My heart breaks for them and I really hope the firefighters and first responders can put the fire out soon.
As for running, this week was still only the second week post marathon. It feels like it was forever ago! For the first week after the race, I did nothing. I slept in, and ate candy. That was about it. For this past week and the next couple of weeks, I still kind of consider myself in a “compromised” state. Meaning there is breakdown on a cellular level in a marathon that we cannot see. So I try to extra aware and not push too hard when I’m coming back.
Here is what the week looked like:
Monday 11/12: 4 miles easy at 9:35 average
3 rounds: 12 bicep curls, 12 tricep push downs, 15 sit ups on ball, 15 walking lunges
- Squat to OH press 20 reps
- Lunge to OH press 10 each side
- OH shoulder press 15 reps
- 12 burpees
- 20 sit ups
- 12 each side bent over rows
- 12 shoulder presses
- 12 upright rows
- 20 squat jumps
- 30 second plank front & each side
- 15 donkey kicks each side
- Banded lateral steps
30 mins bike trainer @ 12.8 MPH, 6.41 miles
Wednesday 11/14: 5.16 miles easy at 9:04 average
Thursday 11/15: 5.12 miles easy at 9:02 average
- SS3X: 15 deadlifts & 15 banded lateral steps
- SS3X: 15 squats & 15 pilé squats
- SS3X: 15 alt bicep curls & 15 lat raises
- 3 rounds: 50 bicycles, 20 toe touches & 20 sec plank
Friday 11/16: 5.01 miles easy at 9:11 average
- SS3X: 15 reverse flyes & 20 v-ups
- SS3X: 20 opposite shoulder taps & 15 bent over rows 30lbs
- SS3X: 15 cable rows & 15 lat pull downs
- SS3X: 12 each cross body curls & 12 burpees
- 3 rounds: 12 hammer curls, 20 Russian twists, 12 OH pulls
10 mile long run, first 7 easy, final 3 cutting down to finish final half mile at 5k effort (while watching the first 2 episodes of Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat on Netflix).
- 20 good mornings
- 10 deadlifts to OH press
- 12 alt reverse lunges with OH hold
- 50 bicycles
- 20 toe touches
- 30 legs out
Sunday 11/18 – I did my first spin class!
It was a little hard to figure out how much to push in this class. Sundays are a recovery day, but the instructors in these are classes are meant to try and get you to push as hard as you can. So I tried to push how much I wanted to, without over exerting myself. It was still a really fun class and I sweat a ton.
29 miles for the week.
Do you do classes?
How long do you take off after a marathon?