Happy Monday friends! Important question: Who is watching West World? If you are, did you know it was adapted from a 1973 movie? I learned this earlier this week and it blew my mind. This season is definitely complicated, but still a good story line.
Yesterday I was already feeling overwhelmed by this week. So I decided to help myself feel better, I’d prep all my appointments, pick out outfits for the week, and make my lunch for today. That always helps me feel a little more ready to tackle the week.
Last week was pretty blah as far as workouts go. You would think after training for Boston, I would be interested in lifting weights or doing some other kind of training. But of course I am the most interested in running and the least interested in doing strength, foam rolling, or pretty much any kind of workout that’s not running. I am doing them though, and I am always glad I have once I’m done.
4/30 Monday – 5 miles easy at 8:33 average
- Circuit 1 2X: 10 Bosu split squats, 10/10 plyo jump lunges, 10 KB kick backs
- Circuit 2 2X: 15 front squat, 12/12 landmine press, 10 push ups
- Circuit 3 2X: 10 3/4 squat pulses, 15 weighted squat lunges, 10 one leg glute bridge on bosu
- Circuit 4 2X: 10 box squats, 20 crunch to toes, 12 squat to press, Plank
5/1 Tuesday – 4000 yards, 1:15:43, 1:53/100 yards
5/2 Wednesday – 15 mile bike trainer
- SS3X: 15 squats, 15 banded lateral steps & 20 second plank
- SS3X: 15 deadlifts & 10 push ups
- SS3X: 15/15 split squats & 10/10 side lunges
- 2X: 20 pilé squats, 15 bent over row, 30 second plank
- 2X: 15 shoulder press, 15 pike push ups, 50 ab bikes
5/3 Thursday – 4 miles easy at 8:52 average
- 2 rounds of 8 sets x 25 reps core
- SS3X: 10 push ups & 10 burpees
- SS3X: 15 hammer curls & 20 tricep kickback
- SS3X: 15 shoulder press, 15 lat raise & 15 bent over lat raise
5/4 Friday – 5 miles easy at 8:39 average. I did this in the afternoon and did a mini strength circuit at home after in the 20 or so minutes that I had.
- 3 rounds: 30-45 second plank, 30 banded lateral squats, 15/15 banded donkey kicks, 15/15 clam shells
5/5 Saturday – 10 miles easy at 9:04 average. When I first woke up for this run I felt like crap. I think maybe the pollen in the air was causing some allergies, or who knows what. After decided to sleep a little longer, I got outside and kept it really easy. My lungs and legs still aren’t completely in agreement yet post-marathon, but there were points where I felt really good. There are 2 bigger hills on this route that I used to dread, and I cruised up both of them without even really noticing. There were also a few times when I’d look down at my watch to have been hitting a pace in the high sevens.
Saturday we had a margarita and tacos for Cinco de Mayo. Margaritas are one of my favorite cocktails. Because salt, duh.
My tacos were so so good! I got one of every kind that they had.
5/6 Sunday – Rest!
24 miles for the week. 18 weeks to Berlin!