Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend and are excited for a new week. Last week’s workouts were pretty uneventful. I needed to get a gum graft – so you need to take 3 days off getting your heart rate up after the surgery.
I had to get the surgery because my gums were/are receding. This is mostly from genetics and braces. Don’t Google it unless you want to be grossed out lol. I had the same surgery about 9 years ago in a different spot.
- Monday: I ran 4 miles easy before surgery. You just had to stop eating 4 hours before, so I had time to refuel after.
- Tuesday – Thursday: I took completely off. My face was pretty swollen and painful, and eating was a challenge, but it wasn’t too bad.
- Friday: I did a 60 minute endurance ride on the Peloton. I didn’t feel quite ready for a run (too much jostling), but I was cleared to get my heart rate up.
- Saturday: I ran 4 miles easy. Usually the first run back after some time off feels amazing, but this did not. It was slow and heavy, and my left hamstring was cranky. That’s ok though – hopefully today will feel a little better.
- Sunday: 45 min arms & intervals ride on the Peloton & 5 minutes of core.
I am definitely someone who likes to move around, but feeling crappy made it easy to do a lot of laying around. As does having a buddy 🙂
Friday night I was feeling more like I could eat real food again, so I made steak with asparagus and lemon risotto & it was awesome.
Here’s to getting back to a normal week of workouts!