Wöchentliche Workouts is German for “weekly workouts”. I am starting to get excited for Berlin if you can’t tell. Here is how last week looked!
7/30 Monday: 7.01 miles easy AM at 9:59 average in the morning. Did some strength stuff directly after –
- 20 hip thrusts
- 12 one legged hip thrusts each side (cross foot/ankle over knee)
- 12 donkey kicks each side
- 12 fire hydrants each side
- Penguins for 1 min (lay on floor with knees bent, stay flat and reach to the side)
- 20 froggy hip thrusts
2 rounds of 10 each:
- flutter kicks
- double leg drops
- scissor kicks
- reverse crunch
- heel taps (penguins)
4.05 miles easy PM at 8:58 average in the evening
7/31 Tuesday: 8 miles easy. I was supposed to lift weights after, but during this run, I felt tired and overly sore, so after I got back to my car, I left the gym.
8/1 Wednesday: Unplanned rest day. After feeling so zapped on Tuesday, and still sore, I decided to just take the day off. I was very cavalier about it at first, then proceeded to waffle about actually doing it all day. However, I’d rather take the day off by choice, not because I have to (because I pushed through my body’s warning signals).
8/2 Thursday: 6 miles easy at 9:38 & 3000 yards swimming (took me 56:05) 1:52/100 yards. I was happy to feel great after my day off.
8/3 Friday: 7 miles easy at 9:17 average with my friend, Heather. I went to lift right after.
- SS3X: 12 each cable row, 10 squat to plyo lunge
- SS3X: lat pulls (3 sets of 12) & 15 pop squats
- SS3X: 20 bicep curls & 20 plank knee to elbow
- 3 rounds: 20 pilé squat with dumbbell, 15 single leg glute bridge, 15 donkey kick, 15 fire hydrants, 30 plank, 10 push ups
8/4 Saturday: 17 miles all easy. I waited to run a little later in the day so that I could get some practice running in the warmer weather. “Fogust” in my area is a real thing – is it very cold in the mornings, about 55-60 degrees. I want to make sure I get some exposure to warmer weather so that I’m prepared if race day is warmer than normal.
8/5 Sunday: 45 mins on the bike – about 10 miles.
A total of 49.1 miles for the week! It was supposed to be 8 miles more, but that is ok! Still a productive week and I played it smart. Ready for this week!