Happy Monday! Last week was maybe my highest mileage week ever? That feels like a mile stone, but it kind of crept up on me.
8/13 Monday: 8 miles easy AM at 9:28 average
- 1 each: 50 bicycles, 45 second plank, 30 second plank each side, 20 legs out, 30 Russian twists, 30 v-ups
- SS3X: 12-15 squats & 20 jump lunges
- SS3X: 12 deadlifts & 15 jump squats
- 3 rounds: 24 step ups (8lb DB in each hand) & 15 push ups
- 3 rounds: 24 walking lunges (8lb DB in each hand) & 20 pilé squats
4.15 miles easy PM at 9:10 average
8/14 Tuesday: 8 miles easy at 9:11 average
- 2 rounds of 10 each: flutter kicks, double leg drops, heel taps (penguins), bicycle crunches, v-ups
- 3 rounds: 10 chest press, 20 tricep kick backs, 20 Russian twists with 10lb med ball
- SS3X: 10 bent over row & 15 shoulder press
- SS3X: lat pulls & cable rows
8/15 Wednesday: 2 miles up, 9 x 2 mins hard, 2 mins easy, 2 miles cool. 9.1 at 8:31 average
Evening: 2.94 at 8:44 with Shalane & Elyse at the Run Fast, Cook Fast, Eat Slow book signing! I normally would have run the extra .06, but the line was wrapping around the building to get the books signed and I felt like I should probably get in it. I still missed the ferry home and had to take a Lyft!
8/16 Thursday: 3000 yards am at 2:01/100 yards average in the morning
7 miles easy in the afternoon at 9:01
And then – I did a .3 mile distance test for John at 7:32 pace lol. He had been running 400s as part of a cross fit workout, and he thought his Apple watch was off, so we tested what my watch said. According to my watch, he was right, and his Apple watch was shorting him .05 of a mile.
8/17 Friday: 7 miles easy at 9:22 average
- 20 hip thrusts
- 12 one legged hip thrusts each side (cross foot/ankle over knee)
- 12 donkey kicks each side
- 12 fire hydrants each side
- Penguins for 1 min (lay on floor with knees bent, stay flat and reach to the side)
- 20 froggy hip thrusts
- 20 banded lateral steps
3 rounds: 10 shoulder press, 10 hammer curl, 20 lat raise, 20 tricep kick back, 12 bent over lat raise
SS3X: 15 knee to chest captains chair & 20 Russian twists with med ball
8/18 Saturday: 18 miles with 8 x 1 min surges in the final 5 miles (no set rest, just until you feel recovered). Overall 18.05 at 8:45 average. 1 minute surge paces – 6:50/6:55/7:15/7:03/6:44/6:36/6:40/5:54
My parents were visiting for the weekend which worked out very well for me and this run lol! My Dad ran the first 6 with me, which was so much fun! And it helped me on the rest of the run as well, because I mentally started over with 12 miles left when he split off. And my mom bring me my sunglasses at mile 10 and took these pictures. #instagrammom!
8/19 Sunday: 45 mins on the bike at 13.7 MPH (10.29 miles)
Total 64.5 miles
My parents came to visit to help celebrate my birthday (which is actually today!). John took us to a champagne tasting.
I celebrated last weekend with friends as well.
And I’m celebrating next weekend again LOL!
I prefer a birthday month I guess LOL.