Happy Monday! I can’t believe it is race week – but here we are! Here is what my build up looked like for Boston:
And here is what my build up looked like for Berlin. Less weeks, but more miles. That is kind of cool to see! Obviously this upcoming week hasn’t happened yet, but that’s my plan.
Here is the meal prep I did last week:
- Monday: steak, mini roasted potatoes, green beans (Sirloin was on sale, so I got 2lbs of it and made extra for lunches for John, and we had leftovers)
- Tuesday: steak, mini roasted potatoes, green beans
- Wednesday: brown rice, chicken & roasted broccoli (I made a big batch and we had it Thursday night as well)
- Thursday: brown rice, chicken & roasted broccoli
- Friday: dinner out!
Pretty boring, but delicious and easy in my opinion.
9/3 Monday: 8 miles easy at 9:06
- SS3X: 15 Deadlift & 15 static lunges each side
- SS3X: 15 Side lunge each side & 15 Squat SS3X: 15 Weighted sumo squat & 10 Romanian split squats
- SS3X: 15 Plank leg lift & Single leg glute bridge
- 3 rounds: 10 hammer curls 12.5lbs, 15-20 v-ups with 14lb med ball, 15 tricep kickbacks with 5lb plate, 15 lat raises with 5lb plate
9/4 Tuesday: 8.1 miles easy at 9:09 average
- 3 rounds: 60 second plank, 30 each oblique crunches, 30 legs out
- 3 rounds: 15 squat to press, 15 KB swings, 15 banded lateral steps
- 3 rounds: 15 upright row, 15 Russian twists with med ball, 15 side lunges each side
- 1 min burpees
9/5 Wednesday: 2 miles up, 10 x 1k @ 4:20 with 90 seconds walk rest, 2 miles cool. The last time I did these before Boston, I had a huge ego about it & thought I should be able to do them way faster. I did run them faster than these times, but there was stopping and I was wrecked after. These were controlled. Still challenging. I did them on a flat stretch of bike path near a train track that meant every once in a while I got a wicked headwind from the commuter train. Headphones wouldn’t power up and I was going to break in my race day shoes, and realized I ordered the wrong size just before leaving. So I had every reason to be mentally rattled, but didn’t let it get to me and stayed calm and collected. And then paid exorbitant shipping to get the correct size race day shoes by tomorrow (fingers crossed)! 4:19/4:17/4:18/4:19/4:18/4:17/4:18/4:17 (very thirsty, but hate carrying water bottle)/4:16 (yikes headwind)/4:20 omg so tired. Total of 10.2 miles at 7:48 average.
9/6 Thursday: 6.8 miles easy at 9:36 in the morning with my friend, Anna. 45 mins on the bike, 10 miles, 13.2 MPH in the evening at home.
9/7 Friday: 5.46 miles easy at 9:10 with Anna.
- SS3X: 10 curtsey lunge & 15 banded lateral steps
- SS3X: tricep kickbacks & 15 side plank crunches
- SS3X: 15 deadlifts, 20 pilé squats & 20 legs out
- SS3X: 15 sumo squat & 15 full sit ups
9/8 Saturday: 12 miles all easy 9:02 average. I waited and did this mid-day in the heat. I forgot to put sunscreen on my chest and got quite the burn.
9/9 Sunday: 30 mins cross training on the bike trainer, 6.09 miles, 12.2 MPH, very sore legs so took it very easy
50.5 miles total for the week!