This week is simultaneously flying by and crawling all at once. My knee is finally starting to heal up and that has been so great! I have stayed consistent with Active Release Therapy and been a good patient and it is finally starting to pay off.
The hardest part about starting to recover is not pushing too hard even though many of my symptoms have lessened.
- Monday: 40 mins step mill, 3 miles at 8:07 pace, biceps & triceps
- Tuesday: 40 mins step mill, 20 mins bike, chest & shoulders
- Wednesday: 4 miles at 7:57 pace, Legs: superset deadlifts & dino walks, superset glute kick backs and jumping squats, superset quad extension and ham curls
- Thursday: 40 mins step mill, back and abs
- Friday: 5 miles at 8:29, physical therapy exercises
- Saturday: 7 mile hike with LOTS of hills! This was with my company and it was a blast. The weather was beautiful and it was fun to hang out with everyone & their significant others outside of work. It started at our CEO’s house and ended at Stinson Beach with a BBQ.
- Sunday: 4 miles at 8:35
After my run on Sunday, I went to visit my cousin who just moved to the Bay Area. He lives hear a beach, so we walked our dogs for a couple miles down the sand. My dog HATES the water haha! He is the perfect beach dog for me, never gets dirty, so my car stays clean. Walking in the sand after the hike and run was almost too much for my IT band/knee, but it recovered well with stretching.
My reverse diet is still on hold while I get my mileage back up. The point is not to gain weight, and with my activity level all over the place, I am sticking with my macros at 135P/215C/53F, one low carb day at 140P/150C/58F, and one untracked meal a week.
We went out to Sushi for my coworker’s birthday. I get sashimi with a side of rice for 42P/37C/10F.
I tried adding Quest peanut butter protein powder into my protein pancakes recipe. So so good! It makes them very fluffy, and adds a lot of volume to whatever you put it in.
With love & running again(!),