Happy Hump Day! Did you see the new fancy RUN XT from Jaybird? They are so nice, and I love that they are fully waterproof.
I got some of questions about what a day of eating would look like now that I’ve made some tweaks to my diet, so I thought I’d share! Mostly way more fat – I thought I had it covered, but turns out even the offensive amount of peanut butter I was eating wouldn’t cut it.
- Before: Coffee with skim or 2% milk & collagen. I would sometimes have something small in addition to coffee, but only if I felt hungry. I would usually end the workout SUPER freaking hungry.
- After: Coffee with whole milk & collagen. Stroopwafel and a banana w/ peanut butter.
- Before: egg white omelette with toast, peanut butter & banana, another coffee with collagen & 2% or skim milk
- After: veggies sautéed in butter or olive oil, 1 whole egg and a cup of egg whites, half grapefruit. I have been having this with half an avocado as well. Yesterday I was out of avocado, so I had some cheese instead, which I didn’t like as much. Another cup of coffee with whole milk and collagen.
- Before: I would have a sandwich, or something random from the whole foods hot bar.
- After: still pretty random. I had a the Thai quinoa salad from Run Fast, Cook Fast, Eat Slow with some chicken & peanuts on top. I also had a low fat yogurt – I need to eat them and buy full fat yogurts instead.
- Before: I would have a Quest bar, a low fat yogurt & berries, or some Larabar bites
- After: Perfect bar!! I love them so much. I never felt like I could have them before because I thought they might be too high in fat/calories. Not anymore! I will also have some almonds or cashews and fruit if I don’t feel like having a Perfect Bar.
This is what one serving of blackberries looks like, yes?
Dinner: still very similar as what I did before, just a smaller serving of carbs now. Works just fine for me! Basically just having more carbs around the workout.
I usually have chocolate or berries or something after dinner.
In other random news, I got FIVE dresses for $100 at Banana Republic outlet. I feel like it never happens that I like so many dresses in one trip, so I had to go for it. Please excuse the dirty mirror (YIKES).
Bennie likes to curl up on all the layers of duvet and blanket and nap. I don’t blame him. Also, John got me a Gravity blanket for Christmas, and Bennie and I are both obsessed with it.